Lot 42 Wedge Island PORT LINCOLN
This enchanting Island was chartered by Captain Matthew Flinders in February 1802 whereby he named it Wedge Island due to its visual shape. In 1911 the light house was built on the western end of the island, the jetty is located a short distance from the airstrip, and from the three residential developments being The Crest, The Lookout & The Breakers comprising a total of 110 allotments. The majority of the island is designated as National Park & reserve, ensuring the natural beauty and appeal of the island is retained. Chartered flights to the island are available from Goolwa, Parafield, Warooka and Port Lincoln.
Wedge Island offers an amazing contrast of coastal scenery, rising from the magnificent northern beach line to the dramatic 240 meter cliffs on the southern shore line. The combination of sandy beaches and aqua clear waters, rugged cliffs, coves and bays provide for spectacular and yet serene coastal beauty. The natural wildlife is abundant, both on and offshore, including rock wallabies, wombats, seals and a variety of sea eagles and coastal birds. The seafood lover will enjoy the freshest of King George Whiting, Salmon, Snapper, Tuna, Flat head, Oyster, Abalone, Crayfish, and more! This relatively untouched paradise is an exclusive holiday destination for families and the eager fisherman, or for the retiring nature lover!